French Tech Rise
An initiative to support financing within the entire French territory
Thanks to the French Tech, the French economy benefits from dynamism in terms of growth, jobs and innovation. The 120 startups in the French Tech Next40 / 120 ranking alone are expected to create more than 200,000 jobs by 2025. It is essential that this positive momentum benefits all French territories and this requires the support of regional start-ups.
“French Tech Rise” is an operation to attract territorial ecosystems. It has a double stake: to promote the dynamism of territorial ecosystems and to allow startups from all the French territory (including overseas regions) to participate in an exclusive event with the largest venture capital investment funds present in Paris.
Startups will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Fundraising prospects within the next 18 months
- Search for seed funding, series A or B (€ 500,000 to € 5M)
- Company younger than 15 years old – Headquarters located in France
The project will be held as a national event in which 82 startups from territorial ecosystems, selected locally by the French Tech Capitals (or French Tech communities in other regions and overseas) and local funders (including Bpifrance) will be invited, to present their companies to national funders, in particular investment funds, likely to invest in them.
The French Tech Capitals will be able to select 5 start-ups and the French Tech Communities of regions without Capitals 3 start-ups.
For Overseas Territories, there will be :
- 2 start-ups for the Pacific region (French Tech Communities of New Caledonia and French Polynesia)
- 3 start-ups for the Indian Ocean region (French Tech Communities Réunion and Mayotte)
- 3 start-ups for the Antilles (French Tech Communities of Guadeloupe, Martinique and Guyana).
In all, there will therefore be 82 startups that will be invited to an event in Paris in November to present their companies to an audience of investors. In addition, prizes will be awarded in different categories.
Early septembrer to mid-october : Sourcing and start-ups applications
Mid-october : Selection of the local companies by a local jury
November : National final with locally selected startups