French Tech Community Fund
The French Tech Community Fund is a call for projects that aims to support initiatives led by players in the French Tech ecosystem. Jean-Noël Barrot, Minister Delegate in charge of Digital Transition and Telecommunications, announced the winners of the 4th edition of the French Tech Community Fund on Thursday, October 13.
Discover the Community Fund 2022-2023 winners:
The French Tech Community Fund 2022-2023 is a call for projects that aims to support initiatives led by players in the French Tech ecosystem: French Tech capitals, French Tech communities or other ecosystem players (associations, incubators, event organizers, etc.).
For this 4th edition, 234 projects were submitted and examined for the French Tech Community Fund, the highest number of applications since its creation. A total of 129 projects were selected (compared to 48 projects in 2019, 82 in 2020 and 78 last year), demonstrating the government’s increased support for the French start-up ecosystem.
Of the 129 projects, half were initiated by the French Tech Capitals and Communities network, including 24 by international French Tech Communities. The other half of the projects are led by other actors such as incubators, associations or collectives.
Four priority objectives have been selected this year:
- Expansion & Talents, to contribute to the growth of French Tech start-ups, in France and internationally, particularly via the lever of recruitment and financing.
- Disruptive innovations & industrial start-ups, to promote their development in the French Tech ecosystem, in line with the objectives and priorities defined by the France 2030 plan and the support programs deployed by the Mission French Tech.
- Ecological transition, in order to strengthen and enhance the role of the French Tech ecosystem in meeting the challenges of the ecological transition.
- Parity & Diversity, in order to accelerate the mobilization of French Tech towards a start-up ecosystem with more parity and open to all.
Launched in 2019 by the French Tech Mission, the 2022-2023 Community Fund is financed by the State to the tune of €3.6 million (compared to €3 million last year and €2 million in 2019).
By providing financial support for initiatives led by local players who are close to entrepreneurs and their needs, the French Tech Community Fund contributes fully to the development of French start-ups throughout France and internationally.
To be selected, the proposed projects had to
- fall within the framework of the Mission French Tech’s previously stated strategic objectives;
- have a strong impact on the entire ecosystem and on French start-ups;
- be carried out over a maximum period of one year (from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023).