The support program for French late-stage startups
The French Tech Next40/120 program offers support to French scaleups with the potential to become global technology leaders.
Every year, 120 French startups are selected to take part in the program.
The Government has set the bar high for the French Tech. To accelerate the economic recovery, we must hit 25 unicorns by 2025. It’s an ambitious target that serves an even greater purpose: to ensure the global technology leaders of tomorrow – in other words, those that create jobs and influence our lives – are French.
With global competition increasing, we believe the State has an essential role to play in helping scaleups to become world-class leaders. To increase our chances of success, we’ve put together a network of French Tech Correspondents from government agencies, ministries and public services.
The program is also a laboratory for our Correspondents in the public sector. New services and approaches are often designed and tested in closed beta with French Tech Next40/120 member companies before they are deployed across the entire ecosystem.
Who is it for?
The French Tech Next40/120 brings together promising French companies experiencing or about to enter hypergrowth in order to support them during their hypergrowth period. By joining the French Tech Next40/120, these companies follow in the footsteps of French trailblazers such as Mirakl, Blablacar and Ynsect, to name just a few.
French Tech Next40
Program winners are measured against even more demanding financial criteria, and the top 40 are selected to join the French Tech Next40/120. Membership means that startups are outperforming economically and paving the way for a new generation of entrepreneurs.
To be eligible, startups must:
be headquartered in France
have closed their first fiscal year from 2000 onwards
be independent (no buyouts or IPO)
be considered an innovative company
They must also meet the following non-cumulative financial criteria:
- have raised more than 20 million euros in equity (primary share only) in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- have achieved revenue in excess of five million euros for the last fiscal year, with average annual growth of at least 30% over the last three fiscal years.
Applications will be evaluated according to economic performance criteria. A quantitative analysis will be carried out jointly by the French Tech Mission and Bpifrance, without the intervention of a jury.
For a period of one year, companies joining the program will benefit from initiatives specifically designed to support them during their hypergrowth phase.
They will have access to:
- unlimited access access to a range of services offered by 45+ ministries, government agencies and public services, designed to meet the needs and speed of startups in hyper-growth. Our growing catalogue is split into 4 categories: international development, funding, go-to-market and support with government-related issues.
- increased visibility, through influence, communication and presence operations in official delegations abroad.
- bizdev opportunity with the state, thanks to accelerated referencing of public buyers (Ugap, State Purchasing Department, Ministry of the Armed Forces, National Center for Space Studies, etc.) and business meetings with them.
- support from a dedicated “Startup Engagement Manager,” to help them make the most of the program (including centralizing and accompanying exchanges with the administrations).
Applications for the 2021 program are closed.
Discover details of the selection process and other technical information in our FAQ.